Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Indian ammeter

Hello Indian enthusiasts…

I found this ammeter in my fathers stuff…..

DFD4F94B-FBAF-4577-A4B5-6E346187F79B.jpegAD395DA8-AD64-4822-9075-74EA0152B028.jpeg

8E4204BB-6B16-44A2-8621-0BD9B87A382F.jpeg

I am guessing early Indian (teens?). Looking in some Indian books I have I can’t find a picture at an ammeter on an early bike, so I’m putting it out to you early Indian experts what this is off of?

Thanks

Well while we wait for an expert . . . I looked in my Hatfields looks like 1932-34 used on all models

Comment

Paul,

While the face is similar I think those ammeters from the early 30s had a bigger diameter trim ring then the body and they sat in a small dashboard like the 101s did, so they would be pretty thin. This housing is much thicker and the mounting screws on the bottom lead me to believe it’s earlier, and that it probably mounted to a bracket on the upper frame rail by itself, but looking at pictures on line and in books I can’t seem to find that.

Comment

1927 & earlier not sure what years. 1928-1934 was BT use 2 turns

Comment

Not 20 and up Chief, Scout or Powerplus (Standard) Those all used a panel mounted meter of some kind. One application I believe is the 1927 Indian Ace.

Comment

The gauge was used in 1927

Comment

I have been led to believe that the large black Splitdorf Ammeter is for a Hendee Specisl. Is it? DSCF4550.JPG DSCF4551.JPG
              Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
              A.M.C.A. # 2777
              Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

As I don't have any Indians these two could be for sale if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.
                E-mail me p.j.thomson@actrix.co.nz
                As you can see the Splitdorf is in mint original condition
                Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                A.M.C.A. # 2777
                Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                X