Identify tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify tanks

Hi. An old friend came by today with these tanks. Do anyone recognice them? I guess Powerplus, but what year? And why does one of the tank halfs have traces of an extra Indian logo? I know almost nothing about Indian, and my questions are based on that….
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

The tanks are 1917 - 1924 PowerPlus, ('22 - 24 were called Standard, same tanks). The big Indian logo was correct, the smaller logo was later. I suspect someone painted over the original paint and used the later small decal due to availability. The tanks have been through the school of hard knocks but still charming. Thanks for posting the picture.

Indian gas tanks must be the preferred choice today as I spent all day working on Indian Sport Scout tanks
    Last edited by exeric; 02-06-2023, 03:46 PM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thank you for good answer to my question. Owner of the tanks asked me if I could place them for sale for him. I am helping him with an old bike he had for 60 years, and he think selling the tanks might give some cash for buying parts. They are not rusty, but are beated up. Any idea what would be the price if placed for sale at ebay?

Comment

Working...
      X