Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to identify repop from original sidecar parts

Hello All,

I am new to old Indians, as there is a great deal of collective knowledge on the forum I am hoping you all can help.
    I have some '40s Indian sidecar parts (as pictured: tub, fender, wheel, frame mounts and brake rod) that I will be selling. I am trying to verify if they are original or rebuilt/repop parts. The story behind these is: the person that owned them had rebuilt the MC and had these painted to match with the intent of it being a sidecar rig. During the process, he passed away. The family is not aware of or able to locate the frame and other parts that go with the sidecar. The parts sat for 16 years before I acquired them so, they are no newer than 2006 vintage. My questions are as follows:

Tub- Sheet metal and trim appear original. Should there be any identifying marks or numbers anywhere on the sheetmetal? The trim is of a rounded profile, polished installed with brass studs.

Fender- This appears to be new and never drilled to mount the trim. The fender is detailed in that It has small square loops to feed the wires through. To my untrained eye it appears to be either NOS or a high quality repop part, but again, I don't see any defining marks or numbers on it. Please advise if there should be any numbers/ markings.

Wheel- This appears to be a newer rim/spokes on an older possibly original hub. Were there any marks on the hub that I should be able to find to show it is original? Are there any telltale things about the rim that should be able to find and see making it repop or original?

Mounts- There are no markings or numbers on any of the mountings. Again, any ideas on how to tell new or repop would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Can You send a better/closeup pic of the front mount? And maybe of the wheel too. That chrome rim really sticks out. Do you have the frame? You can PM me if you like. I can compare the parts to originals

Comment

Did you ever do anything with the sidecar parts or find the frame?

Comment

Working...
      X