Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on this Indian

This is a co worker great grandfather.
    I was hoping members here could tell me what model and some details on this Indian. Maybe Its value.....Thanks, Paddy
    Attached Files

I believe it is a 1916 Indian. First year for the sidevalve Powerplus motor, and last year for the more attractive (in my opinion) gas tank. There may be one for sale in the Las Vegas auction this month and that would give you an idea of it's value (to someone with money to burn
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

My closing comment reads a bit smartass and that was not my intention. The 1916 Indian Powerplus is probably my most favorite Indian, with the Indian Standard, early Big Chiefs, and the 1935 Chief as very, very close 2nds. 3rd would be all other Indians up to 1953. The value of any motorcycle is a personal thing, but monetarily, it's only what the market will pay on the right day, from a motivated buyer. I'm always amazed by how much, or how little motorcycles can sell for. . . Add to that a motorcycle that is of degrees of correctness, originality, and quality of finish. Also, is it a rider that is sorted out, or one that needs a lot of work? Lots of factors go into the value of any early motorcycle.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks, Eric. All Good Ill pass it along.

Comment

Working...
        X