Mecum Las Vegas 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mecum Las Vegas 2022

Is anyone attending the Mecum auction in Vegas? If so, I am just looking for someone to take a few pics for me of a couple of specific spots on a bike or two that I can use for reference. The pics on Mecums site don't get in close enough on what I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are trying to build something that is correct, Mecum's is not where to start. Why not ask someone here for the pics you need. There are plenty of people here that have winners circle Indians and I would be willing to bet they would help you out.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Lyle. I absolutely understand that Mecum is not the place to go to for answers. I have previously asked about quite a few things on here and have received many great responses from very knowledgeable members that not only have provided definite answers, but have also provided "mixed" answers with no real definite answer. If no definite answer, it could lead to a "do it the way you want to do it", "whatever fits best" or "majority response" type of approach. While I am absolutely fine with that, this is where having very detailed and specific pictures to refer to on how something was done with another bike that was meticulously restored "helps" with my direction, but does not provide a "definite". I get it could still be wrong. There are a few bikes where I just want to see how a few particular things were handled as they are in areas that you can never quite see in pictures.

I only presented this question as although I have a pretty understanding wife when it comes to my hobbies, using "I need to go to Vegas to take a few pictures..." as justification to go likely won't cut it.

And then there is the fallout from when one gets stupid at an auction, comes home with a project, and then can't argue against that next purchase of a new pair of fancy shoes, jewelry or worse, a new car.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, I was building my '46 Chief and dragged my wife to Indian Day in Springfield several times, to Rhinebeck, and to Oley and I took lots of pictures of hard to see areas trying to get it right. One example is the oil line from the pump to the sump valve, run it to the front or run it to the rear? I may have twenty pictures I took of that area, and the funny thing is there were as many run to the front as there were to the rear! Still don't know which is "correct" !

But I saw a lot of nice motorcycles up close!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Manheimer View Post
          If you are trying to build something that is correct, Mecum's is not where to start. Why not ask someone here for the pics you need. There are plenty of people here that have winners circle Indians and I would be willing to bet they would help you out.
          Well that depends on ones knowledge at the time of inspection at any auction. Winner circle bikes is indeed the place to look for sure. I have gone to the Vegas auction for many years and it can be a great place to look and buy if you are careful. If you have never been there you should go, an incredibly event to see. SouthPoint is perfect place to have it and stay. Will skip this year as going to the Barrett-Jackson auction to get ideas for my resto mod car project.
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

I believe Ziggy's Motorworks web site still has some reference photos, worth a look and 'just a click away'!

Ziggys Indian motorcycle reference (ziggysmotorworks.com)
            Last edited by PaulCDF; 01-19-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

51CD221F-B368-4CD5-83AD-0E76B031BC36.jpeg At the Mecum auction just finished, it appears things sold at prices above where one might expect them to (or at least where I would expect them to ).

Is this something to worry about, economy wise? People investing in tangible assets at prices far above "the going rate" ?
              Last edited by pisten-bully; 01-31-2022, 08:43 PM.
              Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

The '46 & '47 Chiefs look like exceptional restorations, but I haven't seen prices anywhere close to these before! Maybe time to up the stated value of my '47 in my insurance policy.
                Mecum also just broke a record for total sales at a recent car auction, so looks like this may be the case in autos as well.

Comment

Working...
                X