1916 Transmission and Clutch - Parts Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Transmission and Clutch - Parts Needed

I recently purchased a 1916 Indian 3 speed Transmission and Clutch (in pieces) . I am looking for parts for it. Below is what I have:
    IMG_5800.JPG

Please let me know if you have anything to spare
    Happy New Year,

Dan
    PS will post under parts wanted as well.

I would rethink about setting up a ’16 PP as they original came. Instead of a pair of thrush washers like Indian used on ‘17 PP transmission and up, ‘16 PP transmissions used a pair of washers with a ball grove on the side of the washer and a set of tiny ball bearings without being held in place by a retainer. So, one needs to be very careful with installation to ensure that all the tiny ball bearings stay in place in between the races. Also, one needs to be very careful about the amount of end play, as too much, either during the setup, or during use, will allow the ball bearings to fall out and go through the transmission gears leaving one with a lot of dented and cracked gear teeth, not to mention too much end play.
    From the picture, the bushing size in the cluster gear appears to be too large for the PP cluster gear shaft. Which means that is a lot later cluster gear. One needs to be careful with matching the slider and cluster gear, as the PP gear set has a second gear ratio that is different than the later gear sets. One cannot mix gears sets, one needs to use either the PP gear set, or later gear set and bush the cluster gear to match the PP cluster gear shaft.
    Hope some of this will help you
    Spacke2speed

Comment

Working...
    X