INDIAN Corbin tool box latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDIAN Corbin tool box latch

I'm looking for specific advice regarding ebay listing number 112066832000 - repro. Corbin Indian tool box latch - from Brzeg, Poland.
    The cost is considerably less than what is available from a known source on 'this side of the pond'... but quality??
    Does anyone have specific experience with this item and seller?
    Info. and advice is appreciated - and response via p.m. is fine.
    Thanks. John - (AMCA #2806)

Originally posted by jcrawford View Post
    I'm looking for specific advice regarding ebay listing number 112066832000 - repro. Corbin Indian tool box latch - from Brzeg, Poland.
    The cost is considerably less than what is available from a known source on 'this side of the pond'... but quality??
    Does anyone have specific experience with this item and seller?
    Info. and advice is appreciated - and response via p.m. is fine.
    Thanks. John - (AMCA #2806)
    I am only familiar with original but would say this will work as a latch ,not a lock because if you look at an original there is another piece visible though the keyhole,a plate with about 1/16 hole I assume is part of the locking assembly.
    The spring visible in the ebay keyhole makes me think it doesn't lock.
    Tom

Comment

I also wondered if you should get a key? I have to believe that Indian supplied a key with those locks or why make a key-hole? Does anyone have a picture of a key?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

None of the known repop Corbin locks has a working key lock. Strictly to latch and look cosmetic.
        Originals often have the hairspring broken or corroded. These locks can be taken apart [carefully to not break the tabs] and new hairsprings inserted. Tom Fickau made the hairsprings and may still have them. Only for original locks.

Comment

Thanks Marty. Just one of those goofy things I've wondered about.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
          X