Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1917 PowerPlus Indian Script size

Indian script size on a 1917 PowerPlus tank
    morn n, could use the knowledge of you PP guys on the correct script size for tank decals. looking at photos i have from 60s, trying to figure size on tank i get. 3 1/2 x 11 1/2. does this sound correct? i have seen other internet photos that look a lot smaller. thank you folks for your time. gary
    IMG_4926.jpg
    IMG_4927.jpg
    gww57.com

Hi, Gary! Just took some quick measurements on mine. The "I" is 3 1/4" tall. the "N"s and the rest of the letters (except the "D" and the dot on the small "I") are 1 3/4" tall. Tip to tip, at the longest point is 9". Hope this helps! Dale

Comment

Gary, the script in your pictures is quite a bit larger than what I have. Dale

Comment

hi Dale, thank you for getting back. there is a pretty big difference, is yours a know original? thanks again. gary
        gww57.com

Comment

I believe it is, Gary. Dale

Comment

This is a '16 pic that I saved from an Ebay listing. Looked original. I know it is a year off from yours, but maybe the more info the better.

1916IndianPowerplus9a.jpg

Comment

Here is a '17 my grandpa restored and he was usually pretty thorough on the details.
              http://www.starklite.com/1917_indian_power_plus.htm

Comment

Maybe try to contact someone at Motorcyclepedia. They have numerous O.P. bikes. Maybe they will take a pic or measure it for you. If I was going there I would do it for you.
                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

IMG_4849.jpgThank you guys. the smaller script is prob. the correct ones, part of what makes me wonder though, is all the other differences on this particular 1917. the serial number starts out RX ????. not a lot of info on that starting prefix. have not found the one pc. carb. manifold info. has big valve cyls. with exposed valve springs, guides in place of toad stools. and large tappet tops to allow for the offset of the big valve cyls. to line up on push rods. and a different cam than all the other powerpluses i ve looked at. think i,ll keep trying to find more info on script before i jump. thanks again for your time. gary
                  050.jpg
                  047.jpg
                  gww57.com

Comment

Working...
                  X