1908 camel back tricar fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1908 camel back tricar fan

I'm making good progress on my big valve hacksaw single powered tricar project. Listed in the 1908 catalog is a fan attachment for $20.00 extra. Has anyone ever seen this item? I have a large delivery van box on the front and the fan would help in cooling the engine. And for sure would be COOL! Any info would be appreciated . Thanks Phil

This is of no help, but I recall seeing a Spake engine with a fan attachment. The owner said it was intended for a cyclecar, or buckboard application.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

https://books.google.com/books?id=3O...rcycle&f=false

No picture that I could find, but this old copy of Motorcycles Illustrated c. 1912 has some information on fans used on vans and trikes, etc.

I'll see if my Google-fu skills are strong tonite...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

This is distilled from an AMCA forum post c. 2005. Between Mike Carver and "Adminguy." Must have been the moderator back then.

If you can find a copy of the 1910 #8B Indian parts list book (very nice reprint by Don Emde) at the very back on pp 95 and 96 part #14000 "Fan complete with attachment for twin cylinder machine . . $20.00"

Here are some of the parts listed:

14005... Fan only...$3.00
        14010... Fan guard complete... $3.00
        14040... Fan shaft and explosion head connecting brace...$1.00
        14060... Fan upper pulley...$1.00
        14115...Motor base pinion gear...$2.00
        14120...Motor base pinion gear shaft...$0.50

This is only a partial list and all are listed under the fan assembly ... there are 33 part numbers!

So is there a digital copy of the parts book on the AMCA forum archive? Or does someone have the reprint above? That will show you what you are looking for, methinks.

Google-Fu is strong tonite!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS... no pictures yet. But I still have some places to look.
        Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 05-24-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thats good news,I will check the archive, hope there are some photo's. Thanks Phil

Comment

No luck so far, nothing in the archives. Anyone have a copy of the 8b 1910 parts book?? Thanks Phil phone# 970-381-4277

Comment

Working...
            X