No announcement yet.

Indian model 841 information/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't mean that a guy couldn't put the emblems on the tanks but i guess i was just wondering why they had to be something the factory didn't do............much respect for all the early skilled craftsmen.........i had a guy tell me that there was a possibility of indian producing a street version,as soon as i was told that i didn't want to rule it out without really trying to fact find...........dont get me wrong i really just want to learn but i love the mysteries......................and yes i totally get the point that these were military and its believed they were never badged at the factory,but i love proof............if i pull back one of the badges do you think that might prove or disprove any factory involvement depending on how the mounts are attached?..............

Comment

The Indian 741, and 841, as well as the few military 45's and numerous 1940 Chiefs built for France were built to strict military specifications. None of those motorcycles came with civilian emblems, nor did the factories ever put them on. Military motorcycles are arguably some of the best documented motorcycles there are.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Rusty View Post
        if i pull back one of the badges do you think that might prove or disprove any factory involvement depending on how the mounts are attached?..............
        They should be mounted with two small screws, top and bottom of the head, to a bracket soldered to the tank that the screws screw into. Got me confused when you say "pull back one of the badges"
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

oh yeah these are held on by 2 screws top n bottom...............should i just chisel em off?

Comment

There were some 841 Indians that were civilianized by the factory. Little documentation other than it happened. Some weird things like some may have had the single manifold as used on military generators instead of the dual carb manifold as sold for military use. Some 841 motors were in stand by generators, and some were used even on planes in that capacity. Don't be to quick to do anything until you contact Robin Markey. The 841 is a strange animal to say the least, but very unique as well. Don't mess with it until you have contacted an expert, especially if in as found condition!

Comment

......should i just chisel em off?
              You're confusing me again, just deal with them as you would with any frozen fastener in a non-destructive manner.... Taking a chisel to them, don't do that. If you get desparate and want the emblems off, send the tanks to me and I'll take them off...as long as I can keep the emblems!
              Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

sorry,my sarcasm doesn't translate well over the inter nerd,i wouldn't take a damn chisel to a barn find 841....................interesting info on the civilianized 841 bikes from the factory..............got a real hunch this is one of those bikes mostly because this is the second time i have been told this................thanks for any help and how do i find robin markey?

Comment

sorry,my sarcasm doesn't translate well over the inter nerd,i wouldn't take a damn chisel to a barn find 841....................interesting info on the civilianized 841 bikes from the factory..............got a real hunch this is one of those bikes mostly because this is the second time i have been told this................thanks for any help and how do i find robin markey?
                  you can email him at indianrobn@aol.com
                  Kevin Valentine 13
                  EX-Chief Judge

Comment

thanks! i just sent him my plea

Comment

Working...
                    X