Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seeking sidestalks for 1930 Motolamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seeking sidestalks for 1930 Motolamp?

Ask Ziggy of Ziggys motorworks he sold me a repro set that originated in Eastern Europe.

Head light Stalks.

Hi Chas:- I bought a set of lamp stalks for a 29 four from Vintage Imports, I think they were made in Europe. The stems at the top that go thru the lamp ears are 5/16 thread. I believe they should be 3/8 fine thread, are your upper stems 3/8 fine or 5/16 like mine?.... ...Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Side Stalks

Aloha Joe,

Measured them with a die and got 3/8" - 24. I don't know enough about the changes between '29-'30 but I do know the shell's & lens' are completely different, I don't know about the stalks.

Chas

Comment

Early Stalks

Thanks for the measurements Chas. I suspected they should be 3/8 Fine. I think alltho the headlight is diffent, the stalks are the same to 1930...They are a simple machined rod, then bent to shape.....Maybe I be make a set if cant find correct.....Joe
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Side Stalks

Aloha Joe, hummm - '30's at least are tapered, more than just a bent rod, I will post a photo to my picasa site this afternoon. Plus, from photos, I do believe the rods are bent differently.
          Chas

Comment

Hi Chas: I am sure you are right regarding a slightly different bends required due to the larger, wider 30 headlamp. The ealier lamps were the bullet type and narrower. The stalks tho are bassically the same design as you may need to bend to suit whatever lamp you use. They are both machined to a taper, and a small shoulder at both ends as stops or seats then threaded. 1931 and on of course went to the common stud mounted head lamp on a single piece bracket.
            Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Turns out Ziggy < http://www.ziggysmotorworks.com/pre32/pre32index.html > has them (1930 Mototlamps & stalks) available good quality but no Motolamp stamp, adjustable focus or nuts - I count that as a small price to pay. At least a heck of a lot smaller than my $1,200 losing bid for one at the Paul Pearce auction near Romeo.

Comment

Working...
              X