Indian 402 Tank Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian 402 Tank Decals

Hi All:- Need a contact for a set of 1929 Indian 402 Fuel Tank Decals. Good decals that is. I aquired a set from Indiana but one decal was very thick, the other very very thin, tore up some. Any help along with pin stripe info be great....thanks..Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

I did find some photos I think might help you. I don't have a scanner but I will mail them to you if you want. Some shots show the tank and side of the bike and one shows the front fender from head on. Send me a private message with your address and I'll try to get them in the mail early next week (I still need to get the slides into photos). Scott

Comment

Hey Joe, I assume that it was your '29 at Tsawwassen on Sunday? That is one nice machine! It definitely was one of the highlights of the bike line-up.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

402 lives again.

Yes Cory, that be it. A nine year battle but its all in "one piece" now. I picked it up in 99. Chasis done up with paint and nikle by 2000. The engine was stalled in Oregon for three years and more problems after that when I got it back. Cured that last summer and finally started it up on New Years Day. It was one heluva thrill to actually hear it run and then ride the darn thing. Now I try to take it out for run almost every day. Happy to throw out all those empty boxes of components that were done around 2000 to 2001. Parts hidden everywhere for years, thats why the term,"one piece". Thank you for the positive....Joe
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
          Hey Joe, I assume that it was your '29 at Tsawwassen on Sunday? That is one nice machine! It definitely was one of the highlights of the bike line-up.
          Hi Cory: Do you recall the make of Peter Gagans circa 1900 bike he had at the Tsawwassen Meet Sunday? I take it you were there....thanks again for the good comment...Joe
          Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Hey Joe, yeah Pete showed up with an Orient. I just assumed it was his as there was no write-up on the floor below the bike when I saw it. Glad to hear your 402 is a daily rider. I bet it's hard to wipe the grin off your face when you get home!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Big Grin

Cory, Y'now what? I get a bigger grin from reading and hearing good feedback like yours. Its quite interesting, on the streets or hiway, most people dont even notice or know anything about antique bikes and they just fly right by ya. But those that do notice and give you a hi sign or a wave or walk over to look is very satisfying after all the effort the project requires to bring it back to life. Thanks....Joe
              Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

I guess there's something to be said for the "Laughing Indian Rider" isn't there. Glad to hear your still grinnin'! After all that work you deserve it! Did you get to Don's table at the swapmeet? He showed me a flyer for a rally in Vernon. We all used to go to the O'Keefe Ranch until the ranch organizers self destructed the event. Well it's going to be resurrected in a new location near the ranch. They are going to have flat track racing and the whole she-bang! I just thought I'd spread the word. It's a great place to get together and see old friends and meet new ones!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

O'Keefe Ranch !! Self Destructed?

I am surprized to hear it self destructed. If you find out the new location and time of event, please let us know as we have plans for it. Didnt know there was a problem till now...A shame as it was a great event. Do you live on the area? I would look you up when around there....thanks.......Joe
                  Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Joe, if I remember right the rally is being held on July 5-6. I gather that you have made it to the old rally before? The original organizers gave up on it a few years ago as the ranch was becoming to difficult to deal with, plus they went out of their way to destroy the racetrack, for a horse barn, when they could have put it anywhere! My last trip over was the year before last and I swore I'd never go back. It was obvious they didn't want us around and were starting to gear the rally more to those ghastly new-fangled custom bikes. Then they herded us campers onto what was left of the old racetrack and then had a security guard circle us at night! They also locked the gate to the highway at 8:00 pm and nobody was allowed to come or go! So that was enough for me! Last year I got word that the few people that did show up were turned away. Cancelled! So back to the good news....... the original organizers are firing things back up just down the road from the O'Keefe. The races are back on as well. I actually live in the East Kootenay's so I've got about a 5 hour ride. There should be confirmation as well in the Laughing Indian Rider newsletter. Hope to see you there!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                    X