Gold Pinstriping Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Pinstriping Data

Hi All:- I need data on pinstipe work to go on a 1929 Indian 402 painted Maroon. It seems the correct striping be 1/6th wide. Dont have the distances to the tank and fender edges. The striping in pics of restored fours seem to vary slightly and it makes things very undecisive.. Would like something I can copy or scan for the detailer to work with. Any help would sure be apreciated cuz once done, its a done deal....thanks in advance...Joe

No Pinstripe Details anyone??

This is getting to be an old post, yet no replies. There has to be one 1929 Indian Four out there with pinstripes on it or some dimentions to follow, Any help available out there???
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

There is a picture of my grandpa's maroon '29 four on the cover of "the golden age of the fours" book. I believe that it shows original paint and striping. The picture is mostly of the tank area though. I have some old slides of the bike around somewhere, I'll find them and see if they might help you. You can send me a PM if you want and if the slides help I'll make you a copy. Scott

Comment

Accurate pin striping.

Scott, old pics be nice if you find them, looking forward to those if you can do it. Mean time, what I need is a die hard Indian lover with a 29 that he can say is accurate. Just please take a few minutes and measure the distance of the 1/16th stipping distance to fender tips, front and rear and sides. Also distance from gas tank edge to the striping. Also, distance of the stripe on the chainguard, how far from the edge is that located? There must be a 29 Four with accurate striping out there, anyone willing to send me those dimentions? I have several pics but its impossible to guese accurately wether the distance 1/2" or 9/16th, if you know what I mean. Hell somebody out there must be able to help, I'd supply the beer and help measuring it all if your close to me town....Joe
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

instripes

Thanks for the pics you sent me Scott. Will check it out...Joe
          Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Pinstriping info

I also have a 1929 Indian 4 waiting to be restored. I was hoping for information also for the pinstriping. I have 2 photos I took of a NOS gas tank years ago. They will be of help when doing the gas tank but I can't help you for the fenders. I will attempt to attach them to this reply but I've never sent pictures before so no guarantees.

Comment

Pinstriping

I had no luck in trying to attach pictures of the NOS indian 4 tank. I can email them to you if you give me your email address. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wilcock View Post
                I had no luck in trying to attach pictures of the NOS indian 4 tank. I can email them to you if you give me your email address. Tom
                I had Tom email me the photos. I reduced the size enough to allow them to be attached ... Perry
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's a scan from Tom, in his own words:
                  Here is a copy of an original Indian 4 promotional picture I have. It is a drawing and not a photograph but it does show the fender and chainguard pinstriping. It is probably close enough to copy when restoring the bike. I am sure there was variation in the original striping locations because they were done by hand.
                  Attached Files

Comment

402 Brochure

Thanks Perry and Tom: Here is my 402 brochure and the only difference is the curve of the gold stripe along the front of the tank. It does not follow the tank form as you usually see on Scouts and Chiefs. Even Toms 401 is a bit different but I guese thats where the free hand comes in.
                    Attached Files
                    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Working...
                    X