36 four rod bearing specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 four rod bearing specs

Does any one know what the specs are for the rod side clearance. and rod to crank? Thanks for any help. stan

Stan,
    Since no one else has replied, i will try to offer some help. I (with the help of some friends) rebuilt my '37. Was able to shave the existing babbit on the mains. After using what seemed to be miles of plastigauge i achieved a 1 1/2 thou. fit. Had the rod bearings recast and they were set up the same. Don't know if this is "spec." but it worked. Good luck johnny

Comment

My 38 shop manual states under "specifications"- .0015 to .002" con rod to crankpin clearance. Con rod side play is listed as .001 to .002". When reading the taxt part, in there, it calls for a rod clearance of .001" to .0015" clearance. I am a bit late with this but it still may be helpfull to some out there if your done with your engine bottom end work. Not to much in this 38 manual regarding bolt torque values and I asked about that in an earlier post in this "four" section but no one replied. Be a trade secret maybe,,,lol....Joe

Comment

Working...
      X