36-37 Tail light connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36-37 Tail light connector

If anyone has a picture or part for the tail light connectors for 36-37 please send me or post a picture.
    Part number 40804. Used on all models.

Also use on model T Fords. Model T Parts vendors sell them. https://www.modeltford.com/item/6592X.aspx
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris, that isn’t it. Since posting, Robin Markey and I figured out the tail light wire connector is an early Marr, called a marrette type two piece twist connector. You never see on a bike. Has shape similar to today’s twist on connector used by electricians. The original parts book has a horrible tiny picture. The inside piece is brass with a set screw and it goes into a Bakelite piece. About 1 inch long and 1/2 inch diameter. Found digging in his shop and has exact shape as picture in parts book and made of period black Bakelite material. Better yet, it is an early one before UL markings. Will post when can get a real good picture. Everyone uses a bullet connector to tie in tail light wires. Further indication was the wiring original wiring harness on all 36-37 Indians had a bare wire going to the tail light and bullet connectors elsewhere except of course for screw down terminals at the key switch. Another Indian mystery solved.

Comment

I apologize. When I read "36-37 Tail light connector" my mind naturally went to the H-D files.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Not sure if this is what you were looking for. Kevin Flanagan has these
          listed at Indian Gauge. (Pictures are from Kevin's site)

"TAIL LITE CONNECTORS
          Used on 1920's-1930's tail lites and headlights. Connector and insulator. Price-$24.00 each
          E-mail: Indian Gauge LLC"

"TAIL LITE AND HEADLIGHT CONNECTORS
          Used on 1920's-1930's tail lites and headlights. Price-$16.00 each

Just trying to help.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Not sure if this is what you were looking for. Kevin Flanagan has these
            listed at Indian Gauge.

"TAIL LITE CONNECTORS
            Used on 1920's-1930's tail lites and headlights. Connector and insulator. Price-$24.00 each

"TAIL LITE AND HEADLIGHT CONNECTORS
            Used on 1920's-1930's tail lites and headlights. Price-$16.00 each

I tried to post picture but encountered "Errors"
            Check out Indian Gauge connectors are under Indian parts toward bottom of page.

Just trying to help.

Comment

Biker!
              Try Kevin Flanagan's site "Indian Gauge"
              He has some "1920's-1930's tail lites and headlights" connectors listed w nice pictures.
              I tried to copy them here but encountered "Errors"
              They are posted under Indian parts most of the way down the page.
              Hope this is what you are looking for.

Comment

Marty, I think you need to clarify what you are looking for. It sounds like you are looking for the socket for the tail light bulb. I think you are referring to the wire connector for the tail light wire. We discussed this not long ago when I was rewiring a 1937 Chief.
                Dave

Comment

Dave, will clarify. Tail light connector where wire exits the fender. This is where the Marr connector goes. Not a plug in. An early type two piece similar to a twist on wire nut. More secure from vibration, but larger than later bullet connectors.

Comment

Sorry I had not caught this earlier, these are the connections you need on the 436 & 437
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Larry, you are extremely close.
                      The only difference is the Marr connector of 36-37 has NO UL on it. Very hard to find that way.
                      Otherwise, that is perfect.
                      UL was 1940’s, plus the early Marr connectors were Canadian since Marr invented them and was in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X