Propper headlight for my 441

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propper headlight for my 441

I am fairly certain the headlight that is on the bike came on it but it is banged up and has no writing on it, I have one that came with it in better shape and is marked Dietz 809 made in USA, I have a NOS one marked Dietz 809 made in USA safety light. I have seen a varity of information but I think I could use a bit more.
    “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Howdy sir,

The one to have has Indian (in script) 809, a long time obsessive search turned up one for my M441. If you are fortunate enough to locate one you need to be adamant your plater tapes off this script when building the copper layer and then carefully feathers the resulting edges down. This logo is very shallow and easily obscured.

http://www.patwilliamsracing.com/1941indianfour/
    Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Howdy sir,

Here’s my bucket prior to plating. The shear size of these compared to a Motolamp makes them much more prone to damage in which a dent or other deformation is accompanied by metal stretching, therefore you want someone who has done dentless fuel tank work to have a go first before sending to a plater. This will reduce temptation for the plater to do high copper build out of expediency (who can blame them) to achieve a smooth surface via buffing which puts your script at risk of being obscured. At my 441 site is a plating shop recommendation I had good luck with 13 years ago during this build.

Cheerio,
      Peter

Comment

Very nice, thank you!
        “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well I got my headlight and some other goodies back from chrome today
          IMG_2760.jpg

Comment

Fantastic sir! Having just spent hundreds of $ plating a couple of Vespa rims and hubcaps, workmanship on this level can be hard to find these days.
            Cheerio,
            Peter

Comment

I highly recomend these guys, I straighten out my parts as best as I can and they make them new again, it is a small place with only a few craftsmen working there. So far we have only had one issue, they forgot to make a repair to a spotlight bezel after they stripped it, I called them and they took care of it right away, they are a great team to work with and do real nice work. They had some rare pot metal emblems once when I was there, they were rebuilding the missing pot metal with copper and solder making them look as new. If you need restoration work and plating they are the guys.

http://dipitnow.com/

Comment

Working...
              X