Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons

Looking for a source for pistons and wrist pins for my '37 Indian 4 cyl.. 2.75" standard bore, 3 1/16" tall, 1.5" compression length, wrist pins 2.375 length, .6955 dia. needed
    Currently boring cyl.'s, just trying to line up a supplier.
    Thanks for any replys
    johnny

Look in the club Mag for Robie Robinson he is the MAN! Ive gotten two sets of teflon coated ones from him and wish ALL my FOURS had them!!!

HIS EMAIL LAST I KNEW WAS: www.cycletownusa.com/vacycle

He is very nice and Im sorry I just dont have his phone# handy!

Comment

INLINE4NUT,
      Thank you very much for the reply, will contact him to see if he can help. Kinda between a rock and a hard spot on this one. Don't want to pull the bottom end down, so matching wrist pin O.D. to fit the rods is going to present a problem. I think i am correct in the standard (stock) wrist pin diameter was 11/16" (.6875). What i actually need to fit my rods are .6955, and thats with reaming one rod about 1/1000. Just getting into this so might call on your wisdom again.
      Best Regards
      johnny

Comment

How are you doing on your 4? Where did you finally find the pistons? I am looking for some my self, for my 36 four. Stan

Comment

Stan,
          Read my post Robbie is the man! A true Four nut like myself!

Comment

OK guys, heres an update, be it right or wrong its working. The problem is the wrist pin dia., and available thickness of the rods once honed. We took the rods out to 18mm, used 18mm wrist pins (honda 250cc), HD 45 ci pistons with press fit shouldered bushings, and aluminum buttons for pin positioning. Compression height is 1 1/2" on HD 45, same as '37 4 cyl.. Proven piston and ring design so i went for it. My appologies to the purist, but sometimes you must make do with what you have. I was gentle in introducing the HD pistons to the Indian. Did not mention the Honda wrist pins, that might send her into deep depression.
            Best regards
            johnny

Comment

jww What you just did sounds very interesting. I am probably attempting the same thing with my 36. What model honda 250 is the rist pin from? Did you make the aluminum plugs for the rist pin? What do you mean by the press fit shouldeded bushings? Any help will be appreciated. Stan

Comment

Perform at your own risk! Some say it won't work. Bushings are 6061 T6 alum. shouldered to prevent inward movement. Buttons are alum. to prevent bushing and wrist pin from outward movement. Wrist pins are 18mm (.6908) and HD 45 wrist pins are .7500. Wrist pin is Wiesco S-296 i think, at work and info at home. HD 45ci (early with 3/32 rings) are the same bore, compression length, top ring land height, skirt is 1/8"shorter, readily avail. and inexpensive. Went 1 1/2 1000's press fit, heated the piston and pressed in. Line ream with 18mm ream after pressing in place. Honed rods to 18mm, which took them out as needed but wasted no metal. Mine were not bushed, since yours are you might go a different direction. johnny

Comment

Working...
                X