Starting the 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the 4

Finally got this thing put together. I know what the starting procedure is for starting the Chiefs and Scouts but unsure of how to start the 4 without flooding it. I have the carb set at idle at 1 1/2 turns and the high jet at 4 turns. This bike hasn't been ran since I put it away 20 some years ago. I know some one can help me.

Also it will be for sale as soon as it is running correctly. All original sheet metal. Tanks have been redone, scout pistons and now is a 90 inches. Only the seat has been replaced. New paint and powder coated frame and front end. Nickel plated cylinders. Rebuilt engine by a professional builder. Chrome is excellent but not redone. Even the spot light are the original ones.

Thanks, Ben

Ben,

On my 1930 Indian 4 I only give it 1 prime kick and open the choke all the way and it starts first kick. I live in NW Arizona; a little warmer then your neck of the woods so I would try at least prime kicks.

What year is your bike?

Dave

Comment

My Henderson, I do two prime kicks and then she fires right up, good luck. Sounds like a great four

Comment

Price? Interested

Comment

have any photos please

Comment

email: bbeberness@aol.com.

No photos yet. Will be able to text them later if you want to email your phone number. Looking at $65,000.Ben

Thanks for the help guys. Should have it buttoned up this coming week and see if it runs or not.

Comment

Working...
            X