porcelain enamel coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porcelain enamel coating

can anyone recommend someone to porcelain coat the exhaust manifold on a 40 4 indian ? thanks chris

Howdy Chris,

Prairie Auto Porcelain
    17250 Cannon City Blvd
    Faribault MN 55021
    Tom Sparrow 507 581 9887

Has come well recommended in the past for vintage American and Jag owners. With the age of this header you'll likely want to think about a thermal barrier treatment inside to ward off possible coating deterioration in the area between the heat riser butterfly shaft drillings and the muffler insert if this is going to be a regular rider afterward.
    Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I highly recommend Prairie Auto Porcelain. They have done multiple Indian four exhaust manifolds for me and their work is beautiful. Decent turn around time also. I had a heavy wooden box made for shipping manifolds lined with a lot of Styrofoam. Heavily insured and shipped FedEx.

Dave

Comment

thanks for the recommendation .. but I have had no luck getting anyone to return a message or answer the phone? maybe there on vacation ?

Comment

Howdy sir,

If he's like Bill Miller from Ohio for which a chap I'm talking with now who needs his Four cylinder frame straightened out and can't get in touch with him, Tom might be getting warm in Florida bout now also.

Thanks Dave, retired from FedEx, wouldn't ship my stuff any other way, used to hand carry some pretty outlandish purchases from Davenport back with us on jumpseat on the company planes back in the day.
          Cheerio,
          Peter

Comment

So need a current recommendation for some one to re-porcelain coat the exhaust manifold from an Indian Four. I've been reaching out to Prairie Auto Porcelain now for a couple of months (Phone, VM, and txt) and no response at all. Their website is still up, but no one appears to be "home". Anyone have someone they can vouch for?
            Thanks.
            Chuck S.

Comment

PRG,

Bill Miller passed away a few years ago.

Dave

Comment

Yessir, know that, I parked behind Bill’s bright green Chief at Rocky Halter’s party last night in Daytona, now belongs to Richard Watson who bought his Knuckle as well. Miss him, always in a good mood, mahogany tan, shorts and sandals no matter how cold.
                Cheerio,
                Peter

Comment

Thought the company (Prairie Auto Porcelain) was run/owned by Nate and Tom Sparrow. Just trying to find a reliable source that can re-porcelain my manifold. Any suggestions welcomed.
                  Thanks.
                  Chuck S.

Comment

So finally got a hold of Tom at Prairie Auto Porcelain. They had been significantly impacted by the whole covid thing. GREAT folks to work with. Just got my manifold back and they did a stunning job. Can't thank them enough!

Chuck S.

DSC05771.JPGDSC05768.JPGDSC05770.JPG

Comment

Working...
                    X