Expensive oil pressure guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive oil pressure guage

I see a Indian four oil pressure gauge just sold for 1,250. Wish I had a few to sell myself. I bought one off ebay a few years back, don't think I paid over 200. Stan

Stan, the real problem is no one is making the quality gauges anymore nor repairing them since Kevin Flangan retired. Until then, they could be had.

Comment

The reason according to Kevin was nobody wanted to pay the price. So he sidelined the whole thing. This is the reason nobody wants to make parts.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I have noticed that in the last 6 months they have gone from about 8-850 for only the gauge to 1250 for the guage and mounting bracket with pipe on e-pay. I guess that's about the time they figured out Kevin is no longer doing them.
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Kevin is retiring because the new Indian Motorcycle Co. is putting the squeeze on Him. He wont pay the licensing fee. That's why most venders prices went up a lot. If it wasn't for the vendors like Kevin helping to keep the Indian name alive, these greedy S.O.B.s from Polaris wouldn't have a brand to sell. F those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
            Kevin is retiring because the new Indian Motorcycle Co. is putting the squeeze on Him. He wont pay the licensing fee. That's why most venders prices went up a lot. If it wasn't for the vendors like Kevin helping to keep the Indian name alive, these greedy S.O.B.s from Polaris wouldn't have a brand to sell. F those guys.
            Kevin is one of the nicest guys I have met in this hobby. As far as I am concerned , it is a crime that they are bothering people that are manufacturing and trading in parts that were made before Indian's demise in 53. They, meaning Polaris, have no desire to keep the history alive by manufacturing parts for our older bikes. If they did, maybe I would change my opinion. Let them have their, "New Indians," but the problem will be, that the legal process to fight them, will be too much of a financial loss to persue, even if done collectively, by the few that are keeping the Indian name alive. You can't fight city hall. You will run out of money. I guess, unfortunately, Polaris has very deep pockets and will be able to squash any attempts to infringe on their "Purchased Indian" name, and all pre-53 Indian owners will be paying for it one way or another.
            Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 02-21-2015, 01:52 PM.
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Mr. Flannigan wouldn't give me the time of day when I asked about doing a KJ gauge at Jefferson years ago. It isn't always the big bad meanie from Polaris, or Europeans with big wallets that drive prices up. Maybe there's just no money in it, or the customers are ungrateful as I have found with doing early Henderson parts. Maybe I have more in common with Kevin than I originally thought.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Apparently Ford and GM tried this with antique car parts vendors at Hershey years ago and the AACA stepped in. I don't know what happened but there does not appear to be any problems making and selling model T parts any more. Perhaps the AMCA should come forward and voice concern for their members supplying parts to keep the REAL Indian alive. Maybe the publicity will shame Polaris and show the public their greed. Tom Wilcock

Comment

Everyone who had an inkling of buying one of the "new" Indians who bought a new HD instead, like myself for daily transportation, needs to make sure they mention it to their local, friendly Indian dealer. After they lose enough sales, they will realize how paltry those licensing fees are compared to the business and good will they are losing. Ours is a hobby, with a finite amount of bikes out there and not much money to be made by any of the venders who remanufacture our stuff. The big boys sure are not going to make us parts for the bikes that kept their "name" alive. This is typical, too many rotten attorneys with nothing better to do than ruining the world.
                  I have mentioned intervention to the AMCA board, specifically our president and they have chosen to do nothing at this time. They need to find out what the other groups in the same situation have done to alleviate this.

Comment

Working...
                  X