Final paint details on a police 402

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final paint details on a police 402

Finally ready to paint my 1929 402 Chicago police bike the standard Indian police blue. The bike was rather rusty so I don't have a good reference and need the expert's help with pictures on the following details.
    1. I believe the gold pin stripe was 1/16" wide and have good pictures for the tank. I have the original outline of the police star but not sure if it was a gold color?
    2. Was there a pin strip on the chain guard?
    3. Was there a pin strip on the tool box?
    4. Was there any other pin strips?
    5. Would like a good picture of the rear fender's front area pin strip. I have good pictures of the front fender.
    6. Assume the tank decal is gold script with black underline and black numeric four.
    7. I have the Aug 10 1920 head frame decal but could use one that is closer to 1929 if available.
    8. Was there any other decals that came standard?
    9. This police bike had black sprockets and front fork rockers. Assume the other parts follow the 101 scout finishes.

Since the siren was in the normal tool box location (no holes in the frame tube) and not on the bike when I found it, I did some research. I found a California bike mounted the 4's tool box in front of the right side luggage rack and upper frame tube. This was not on the rear fender since the air pump is in the way. The picture was very small so the exact bracket is not clear. My bracket is very close but could still change this if someone had one as reference.

This has been a 12 year project and now it's time to finish it. Any additional help is always appreciated.

The chain guard and tool box are pin striped as well. Same size stripe. My tank decal is all gold with a black out line. It is an older restoration done in the 1970's. I have seen both versions. If you don't belong to the Indian 4 Club, you should join, there is a wealth of knowledge there. If I can be of more help, let me know.

Comment

Rear Fender

Originally posted by rigb View Post
      The chain guard and tool box are pin striped as well. Same size stripe. My tank decal is all gold with a black out line. It is an older restoration done in the 1970's. I have seen both versions. If you don't belong to the Indian 4 Club, you should join, there is a wealth of knowledge there. If I can be of more help, let me know.
      I have joined the 4 Club but have not made it out to the meet recently. I could really use a picture of the rear fender pin stripe in the front area. Appreciate the help!

Comment

OldBlue,
        Hello. I sent you a PM.
        John

Comment

Working...
        X