Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color codes mowhaw green and seminole cream

Fellow Listers

Does anybody on the list knows the PPG codes (formulation) or any other matching color (formulation) for the indian paint colors mowhawk green and seminole cream? I think these Du Pont colors were used from Indian during the late 30's. Would like to paint my 38 Four that way.

Regards: roadmaster50

Jerry Greer's Engineering has the color codes. I used their codes for Jade Green and it's perfect. You can get them free of charge.

Comment

Hello rigb

Thank you for the information, i will give it a try.

Comment

Hi roadmaster50

How did you go with these colours? Have you painted your bike yet? Have you got a photo? I'd be really interested to see it. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
          Jerry Greer's Engineering has the color codes. I used their codes for Jade Green and it's perfect. You can get them free of charge.
          rigb : Could you post photos of your Jade Green Indian? I'd love to paint a Chief that color and so far I have not seen one painted that color from Jerry Greer's paint codes, I've seen others that are supposed to be "Jade Green" but are not the correct shade.

Thanks in advance for posting pics.
          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Color codes

39ChiefBonnie

Somebody from another Indian Forum gave me the codes for seminole cream and mow hawk green. I'm not sure if i can give you these codes, but i believe he's an AMCA member too. I have his e-mail address, so you can contact him yourself.

I would like to use these codes for my 38 Four, but wasn't able to let the bike paint until now. I'm in the process of restoring an 1937 Chief at the same time, and that project made a lot of progress during the last few weeks, so all my efforts (and money) are flowing in that motorcycle right now.

All the painters that i asked here in switzerland could not use the PPG codes that i got from the other forum member. They all said that the codes are too old, and that the todays manufacturer of the paints could not use them anymore. This was the case with seminole cream and mowhawk green, and also with the uncommon paint scheme that i choose for the 37 Chief (try to add two pictures of painted parts). I got the PPG codes for that paint scheme also from the same forum member.

So i had to look with the painter of my choice (after a long search i found someone who was able to do the pin stripes himself) that we got paints that are as close as possible to the originals.

Regards: roadmaster50
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Nice job.

Comment

'41 chief 1-5-13 002.jpgMy 41 Chief build in Jade Green using Greer's paint chip and codes.'41 chief 1-5-13 001.jpg
                Last edited by rigb; 05-02-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I like it. Thanks for thye photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X