plug wire color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug wire color

On a 36 four what would be the correct color for the plug wires? On that same model, what goes between the carb lever, and the lever on the intake manifold? What ever it is, it looks like it should be around 2 inches in length. Thanks for any help. Stan

plug wire color

Stan, normally the "correct" color would be black. However, when visiting Robin Markey prior to Oley this year, he had in his hand mid thirties spark plug wires that were tagged with a part number and they were silver. This has been a controversy for some time and there is no conclusive evidense silver is correct in all applications. Viewing original black and white pictures often shows the wires look lighter than they should which could corroberate the silver theory. There are only a hand full of indian guys who are aware of this. Most will say black.
    You should contact Robin for his opinion on this as well. Marty

Comment

Don't buy them from Hummer Emporium!
      Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Is hummer imporium a bad deal? I was goingto buy them from Tom Fickau, but he never answeres his phone or e amil. Stan

Comment

Stan,

I bought some wires from them 1 year ago, still waiting for delivery!!! got fobbed of with many excuses, even gave me a false tracking number! CANNOT recommend them.
          Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Working...
          X