Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel carbuettor

Hi guys

My 36 four has the single updraught Marvel, but is missing the float needle, seat, pivot pin and lever, any ideas where I can source them?

Or may be fit a carb from a tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

IndianTim!

So far,.. I have found no difference in the Marvel float levers from later "long-bowl" potmetal Scheblers, roughly '34 through '40.

Examples of floatvalve needles have all left my benches, but I suspect that a common Linkert needle will work in an original seat. I have an example of an original seat, but little time to compare, and this forum site's byzantine format prevents me from uploading reference pics without reverting to an old WIN98 computer.

Please feel free to email me direct at liberty@npoint.net
    Happy to help any way I can,

...Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Tim,
      Tom here (Cotten, of "Liberty") made me a float for my "up-side down" Marvel. Perhaps you have the only one in the UK?
      RF.

Comment

Hi RF

Don't know of many upside down fours over here, I have seen 2 others, one in a museum the other a 37 2 carb. My bike I think was originally imported in 1936.

Roy Davies sent me a float.
        Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Working...
        X