Happy Birthday to me-scored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to me-scored!

Went to the "Reno" swap meet at Arco Arena this morning, on my birthday and just got both tax checks-
    Found something I've been looking for a long time- a 1928 CA license plate for my '28 Indian 4 Model 401, nicely restored and guaranteed to pass DMV YOM- yay! Margarita time hehehe

Well, nice score - easy on the Margarita
    . I always thought Year-of-Manufacture plates were neat but Wisconsin for some reason does not allow them.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
      Well, nice score - easy on the Margarita
      . I always thought Year-of-Manufacture plates were neat but Wisconsin for some reason does not allow them.

Jerry
      Hey Jerry - Here is one area of the Wisconsin State statute that allows the 'year-of-manufacture' plate. Usually, one just attaches the modern plate onto the back of the year of manufacture plate.
      -----------------
      341.265  Antique motor vehicles; registration, plates, use.
      341.265(1)(1) Any person who is a resident of this state and the owner or subsequent transferee of a motor vehicle which has a model year of 1945 or earlier and which has not been altered or modified from the original manufacturer's specifications may upon application register the same as an antique vehicle upon payment of a fee of $5, and be furnished registration plates of a distinctive design, in lieu of the usual registration plates, which shall show in addition to the registration number that the vehicle is an antique. The registration shall be valid while the vehicle is owned by the applicant without the payment of any additional fee. The vehicle shall only be used for special occasions such as display and parade purposes or for necessary testing, maintenance and storage purposes. A motorcycle may be registered as an antique vehicle if all of the requirements for registration specified in this subsection are satisfied.
      341.265(1m) (1m) A person who registers an antique motor vehicle under sub. (1) may furnish and display on the vehicle a historical plate from or representing the model year of the vehicle if the registration and plates issued by the department are simultaneously carried in or, with respect to an antique motorcycle, with the vehicle and are available for inspection. 341.265(2) (2) Unless inconsistent with this section, the provisions applicable to other motor vehicles apply to antique motor vehicles.
      ------------------
      Last edited by IRON; 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
      X