Henderson part number XK1718

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson part number XK1718

Ball bearings used in the clutch release race.
    Parts book lists 28 needed; also in other parts of the bike including the gear selector in the box. Can anyone out there tell me the correct size please?
    thanks
    Graeme

Graeme, have you tried the KJ site? I bet they will know, also I bet Dean Salmans know's I will give him a call tomorrow and git back to you. Was that you in the calender on your Deluxe? very cool !!

Comment

i tried KJ site after you rsuggestion.
      I've had a couple of replies saying theyre 5/16 thing that;s odd is they also use same part number inside the shifter fork K3605 and the hole in this is 19/64 (5/16 = 20/64) so it physically can't fit a 5/16th ball.

Another query is that it lists using 28 but there's room for 4-5 more balls. i'm wondering whether I've got an earlier model set up here that may be larger and need more balls?
      rather ask around than put it together and find it noisy eh?

Comment

Yep That's what I got from Dean too 5/16. He also told me if you have a bit more slopp then you like that he has used 8 mill metric too. Use caution, I would not call Dean a mechanic, but I don't know anyone who know's Hendersons better. He really knows them and if he says that's what they used, I would trust him completely. He at one time had a three car garage full of Henderson and Excelsior parts all the way back to 1913. All in boxes on shelf's by factory parts numbers!! It would take your breath away first time you saw his stuff, he is a good dude and has helped many with their machines.Including me - got my Deluxe from him. He is the guy that I got the connecting rods from I sent you. Hope your Deluxe is well and you are enjoying it, sure looked good in the calander. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X