Re-wiring a Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-wiring a Chief

still working on the 39 chief, i think i got the battery and cycle electric generator setup,

my questions now are what type of wiring harness and ignition switch do the custom chiefs run, can i go to a modern ignition switch with the stock indian switch look and a minimal wiring harness.
    if people are running custom wiring and switches where are they purchased at??

any help is appreciated.

Hey bikenut,
    I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to "the custom chiefs". It doesn't get much more minimal than a stock wiring harness which can be had from Jerry Greer's Engineering. Get the harness, use the original style ignition switch which has the headlight switch built in. Don't bother trying to reinvent the wheel, it works pretty good the way it is. It has cloth covered wires that are the correct color, and If you get the clips from him as well It will go together pretty easy. Wiring diagram comes with it, just take your time. I happen to have my tanks off right now and I can send you pics tomorrow so you can see the way it looks.
    AMCA Yankee Chapter
    36 Mag Chief
    48 Mag Chief

A bad day spent fartin' around with motorcycles
    beats a good day doin' just about anything else.

Comment

Working...
    X