1930 Indian Aluminum Tank Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1930 Indian Aluminum Tank Chief

I have an advertisement under the for sale section for a 1930 Chief my frriend is trying to sell. Check it out if interested. Does anyone know who might make an exhaust system for that year? If nobody buys it soon he is going to install some pistons in the motor and get it running when it warms up and the snow melts. 46EL

I have a '30 Chief (cover bike of '78 AMCA mag & first cover to have a gal in the shot). It is probably my favorite bike. Forget all the hype of a 101 Scout being the bee's knees, the Chief is like a 101 on steroids! Very odd bike for Indian though, as almost nothing is interchangable with other models, or years. Most covet the '31 Chief for it's Indian face horn, and modern rear brake.
    As for exhausts, they are very simulair to the Chiefs of the late '20s. I've seen these available via some of the Australian sources, as there seems to be more '20s Chiefs over there than here in the US!
    RF.

Comment

Fred- The late 20's and the early 30's Indians are the best. For what people pay for late 30's rigid Chiefs (and forget about Knuckles) you can buy 2 early Chiefs for the same price. I personally think that these early Chiefs and the H-D VL are the best buy for your money today as far as Antique USA made Big Twin Bike go. If I didn't already have so much stuff i'd buy this one and keep it for myself. People are getting the same money for HD 45's for what he wants for this Chief? 46EL

Comment

Try Bruce Mason outside of Cleveland, OH. He's made a number of exact '20s and early 30's exhaust system. Don't know what he currently has on hand. (440) 892-9230.

Comment

Thanks buddy, how ya feelin? John P.

Comment

Working...
          X