Fender tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender tips

Curious to know about these fender tips that came with my '46 Chief project. I've searched in the forum but failed to find mention of this particular topic.

One source called them "Pathfinder", but that's the only thing I've ever seen. They're plated copper (or so it appears... non-magnetic) and the do fit the Chief fender. I'm curious if any one knows if they're aftermarket from the 40's, 50's, 60's, or ??

Decision pending about whether to use them or not! Thanks!fender tips.jpg
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Harry, the Pathfinder tip is a 1948 accessory. There was a version for the verticals as well.

Comment

Thanks bikerdds! I think now I was premature in asking my question because later, after posting the questions, I found the Pathfinder fender tips right there in the 1951 Indian accessories catalog!

Now I'd just be curious to know if they were a 1948 and up accessory only, or if they were available somehow when my bike was born in 1946?
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

'46 bikes had very little flashy trim, chrome was still not easily available, '47 a little better and '48 seemed to be back to '41 levels of trim. I am not aware of any '46 accessory catalog being available so can't double check, but my thoughts are no tips in '46.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Many period photos that I have looked at show 40-47 chiefs using what appears to be a rear style fender tip on both the front and rear fenders. And many used a rear style bumper on the front maybe to protect the front of the fender or to have a little extra chrome up front. Not sure though what year the rear style fender tip came out. My guess would be 1940?

Comment

Working...
          X