small batteries in the shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdf6333 View Post
    Is anyone running one of the real lead acid batteries from India and liking it? If I buy 2, possible one would be fine? 3? I'm in a battery nightmare!!!!
    I've been running the 6V India batteries in my Chief (distributed through Dixie) for years now, and have had good success. Someone recently gave me a tip on them though - use a dremel to cut a groove around the positive and negative terminals where it meets the case and backfill with JB-Weld or other sealing epoxy to prevent any acid seepage. My tip is to never put any pressure from the frog onto the top of the battery, else you'll split the potting under the cover. Only put enough pressure to keep the battery in place.

Bottom line, I get two to three years on each one. I just put my third battery in this year, and the second battery went to a fella on our road run that needed a 6V - it still had plenty of life left.

I'm also running the Cycle Electric generator, and I keep the Autolite on the shelf.
    Brian Groff
    Member Since 2002

Comment

Guys, there are rumors floating about that we are in danger of getting these anymore. Anybody with info would be nice to hear what is happening. have heard this from several dealers! Our 6volt charging systems work the best with the correct amperage battery.

Comment

Working...
      X