30', 31', 32' Chief/101 front brake plunger spring washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30', 31', 32' Chief/101 front brake plunger spring washers

Hello all. Sorry for such a specific question, but I am having trouble sourcing these. I am looking for a couple of front brake plate anchor plunger trunnion spring washers. See attached photo. Walker makes them, but I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of some other company who sells them, or possibly one of you machinists out there are making them and would sell me a couple. I'm not bashing Walker by any means, I just don't want to wait until Christmas to receive them based on past experiences. Any ideas, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks, Brent
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

That looks a lot like the 'flat' spring stock I have bought from McMaster Carr. I used it for my Flying Merkel suspension but I can't recall the I.D., O.D. wire size, or length I used. I would check them out (online) and see if they offer something in a minimum length, and size parameters that would fit your needs. You can use a friction wheel to cut the length you need and still have a lot of spring left over for friends I do believe in supporting our vendors, but budget is also a big factor for us proletariat hobbyists.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

bdawson, with 101 parts I've found many parts available at Greer's, except the parts aren't listed for the application I'm looking for. So use the part number and dimensions to see if a listing for that flat spring set is available for something else, or close to what you need....e.g clutch pedal tension springs, rear stand pivot springs...flat springs like that. Otherwise, Walkers are good people but understand they don't typically make the parts and they are hit and miss on responding. Parts they sell may come from Eastern, or Reno in Czechoslovakia, CSMoto in Poland, IPE in Denmark, Crazyhorse in Australia, and others... and they may get their stock from India or from local craftsmen... who knows! It's kind of part of the fun I think. And if you don't find the springs stateside, keep in mind the US dollar is strong now and shipping FROM overseas is much less expensive than you'd expect!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I appreciate it.

Comment

Here's the link to McMaster Carr die springs.

springs | McMaster-Carr

Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Brent, I have an original pair of those springs. Give me a call. Dave 954-802-4307

Comment

Perfect! Thanks Eric and Thanks Dave, good chatting with you.

Comment

Same springs as used on the rear stand, probably available from Greers if you do a bit of searching

Comment

yep, Thanks Gene.... I already ordered them from Greers based on what I saw on their website. The Rear stand springs looks exactly the same. What came in the mail (correct part number) were two skinny round springs and not the flat washer springs as shown in their website. I assume that they quit making them correctly....i don't know. Thanks for the thoughts Gene, but yes, I already went down that road and what I got from Greers wasn't correct. Dave is sending me some original ones. Having a hard time lately trying to get hardware.

Comment

Tom Fickau and Randy Walker both have them, if you can get them! Buck's Indian (Steve Rinker) may have them too.

Comment

Working...
                    X