Kurly's Starklite Cycle Indian Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurly's Starklite Cycle Indian Parts

Gary retired recently and it looks like a Kurt Reichenbach has taken over Starklite Indian. I have purchased parts from Starklite since the early 90's. I always wanted to send in my oil pump to get the body cad plated, the plunger hard chromed and the body honed. It looks like they moved the business but not sure if they do service like oil pumps anymore. Time will tell as they just re-opened the beginning of August.

I wanted to try buying a part on the web site from the new business so I started with 4 cad windshield clamps. Mine were chrome and didn't fit too well as shown. The units from Starklite were perfect fitting and look great. Price was good too. Shipping was fast.

DSCN2949.JPG DSCN2951.JPG DSCN2952.JPG DSCN2950.JPG DSCN2953.JPG

I recently bought a foam filter element for one of my chiefs, from Starklite. I discovered the website was still up and Kurt Reihenbach has taken over the reins.
    "Kurley's" shipped my order out to (SoCal) within a week. The website indicated they are still updating, so call if you have special needs

I'm sure Gary turned over the business to Kurt in good faith. We need capable folks to pick up the torch and carry on. Jerry Greer did a great job with Todd, Gary Stark would do the same... give Kurt the same opportunity too. I don't know too much about The Shop after Dave (huggy Bhear)Hansen's passing, only time will tell. anyone know anything ?

It would be a real dark future without these guys stepping up to help us all out. We need to support them if we want to survive in this passionate love affair of antique motorcycles.

C2K

Comment

Agreed! Also Mike Tomas from Kiwi is a great source. I've known Mike for 33 years. He was the first guy I ever bought Indian parts from. I actually purchased them from a paper catalog and got a paper "swiped" credit card receipt in my order box with a hand written invoice.

Remember Indian Joe Martin, Chuck Miles, and Indian Supply Company? All advertised in Walneck's in the days before we were all turned into robots.

LEGENDS-RIDE-CELEBRITIES-KIWI-MIKE.jpg
      Last edited by DEEBS47Chief1991; 08-10-2024, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I agree with C2K we need good capable people willing to make the big investments to help us keep these old machines on the road.
        But, Man those windshield clamps are disappointing . . .

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
          I agree with C2K we need good capable people willing to make the big investments to help us keep these old machines on the road.
          But, Man those windshield clamps are disappointing . . .
          Wait..I thought the report was the clamps were good from Kurly??

Comment

New clamps are good. Old clamps are bad. No issues.

Comment

DEEBS
              Thanks for the clarification; my mistake old eyes

Comment

My eyes aren't what they used to be either.

Comment

We left a lot of stuff in our wake fella's, I've left behind hearing, sight, hips, back but it is better than the alternative. I used to do business with Chuck Miles, have a few of this "Service Shots" Kiwi and Starklite, Bobs, Rocky even Ziggy.and don't forget Wayne at Heather's Leathers. I 'm going to Poland in October, I'm gonna check those guys out over there I think it's "Old Timers" I'm glad they all stayed the course for us.
                  Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                  1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Working...
                  X