No announcement yet.

lacing 16" Chief wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you change the bearings? I ended up replacing the front set this season. The .250s end up fitting the best. Re-greased & installed new seals.

DSCN2690.JPG DSCN2691.JPG DSCN2693.JPG

Comment

enriquecamposc.gif

Comment

...crickets? Yes I checked bearings.

SO...how about doing a separate and new thread about wheel bearings for Indian? We can always stand to have more searchable knowledge on this forum!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Ha Ha, you DO have a sense of humor . I like you.

Comment

Can anyone with lacing experience on 18 inch Indian wheels tell me if they are done the same way as the 16?
            This is the most informative thing I have seen on lacing. The actual pictures helped more than those from the VI archives.
            I assume the looseness when initially adding spokes is what allows the spokes for each side in each step to be added? Then start tightening? Thanks! Marty

Comment

Some info on lacing and truing.

https://virtualindian.org/6techwheels.htm

https://virtualindian.org/8techwheels.htm

lacing1.jpg lacing2.jpg lacing3.jpg lacing4.jpg lacingend.jpg

Last edited by DEEBS47Chief1991; 08-15-2024, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Very nice job. I laced up my own wheels but took them to a guy to do the truing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RonH View Post
                  Very nice job. I laced up my own wheels but took them to a guy to do the truing for me.

hahaha....very nice to hear, and I might have done the same thing except I don't know anyone local who would true them up as the truing process takes the most time...and patience!
                  Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post

hahaha....very nice to hear, and I might have done the same thing except I don't know anyone local who would true them up as the truing process takes the most time...and patience!
                    I have a guy 45 minutes away, he charged me $40 each 8 years ago!

Comment

Working...
                    X