early 30's rear fender hinge pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early 30's rear fender hinge pin

Hello All. Curious if anyone has a picture of what a rear fender hinge pin looks like on a 32 Chief? Or maybe you can describe it to me. I currently have Greer's '36 Chief rear fender hinge pin, but the pin is threaded and has nuts on either end of it. I'm pretty sure that there were no nuts on the end of the hinge pin in 32. It may be the same as what was used on earlier chiefs, but I can't verify. None of my parts books has a picture of what it should look like. Anyone have any input, I'm all ears. Thanks, Brent.

1927Chief Rear Fender Parkers.jpg

"early 30's rear fender hinge pin"

Brent!!!!
    Okay so I really don't know.
    Sooooo I asked AI; which came up with this:

"Indian Chief 1932-34 Rear #55-3
    Indian Chief Rear Fender or mudguard by Vintage Steel
    These fenders suit the 1932-34 Indian Chief. The fender is a two piece hinged one with the heavy Indian specific hinge also hand made here (available separately) and riveted in place. Each half of this hinge is laser-cut, bent, rolled, pressed and shaped in one piece (not welded) the same as the originals. The stays (braces) at the hinge are riveted in place at the same time as two separate pieces. The closest brace material we have available is 20mmx5mm flat bar, please ask if you’d prefer these left out. There is a loop stay riveted in the tail with recess for the stand clip reinforcing piece. Spot welded reinforcing plates are included at the nose end, the under saddle mounting point and on the left side for toolbox mounts. The fender is finished with five wiring hole slots and a chain clearance pressing trimmed to suit.
    Matching front fender is also available."

SOURCE: /vintagesteelfenders.com/mudguards/indian-chief-1932-34-rear-55-3

Got to admire the Aussies! I snagged a couple pictures off thier site but as said I do NOT know 1932s so PLEASE consider going to the site and seeing if they have what you need.

Finally I snagged a picture of 1927 Chief rear fender off Australian site Parkers (which due to my poor editing skills lead this reply)

Indian Rear Fender Hinge #55H.jpg

#55+Hinge+(80).jpg
    Last edited by PaulCDF; 05-11-2024, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much Paul!.

Comment

Working...
      X