Linkert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert

I have a 47 Chief with a M88 seems to run ok with that but I would like to change to the original Linkert which I think is M344? Is that correct and if so does anyone out there have one for sale. Thanks, Charlie

Originally posted by Charles Pace View Post
    .. the original Linkert which I think is M344? Is that correct and if so does anyone out there have one for sale...
    M344 is consider'd "correct" for '44 to '48 Chiefs, Charlie!

(Although it gets complicated for Bonneville models.)

So as far as Indian carbs, it ain't rare, but one properly serviced will always be.

(Let me know if you have an original-paint machine that demands an externally conserved original-paint carb, but internally 'blue-printed' far beyond a parts-swap ""rebuild". .. . ...

Or anyone else, if they think they can afford it!)

...Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-06-2024, 10:39 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Cotten and no it definitely not an original paint, motor is .020 over but up to this point its just been the bike from hell. Like I said in my original post if anyone has an M344 they would like to part with let me know. Also what could I expect to pay?

Comment

Charles
        Cost will depend on condition, how complete. As starting point the Linkert "replicas" are $700-800 and from what I understand are junk.

Comment

My only advice, Charlie,...

Is to buy a raw carb, not a "re-build", or you will likely spend your money twice.

....Cotten
          PS: The tags I have on the two 344s I display at Davenport are staggering. But since I am no longer accepting new accounts, my prices shall stay staggering.
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-07-2024, 11:10 AM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hey Charles sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
            X