1946 Chief battery cable routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Chief battery cable routing

I am in need of knowing the correct battery cable routing for the ground cable of a 1946 Chief. I would appreciate any help. Thanks Roger Lassiter

Roger, grounding to one of the cover bolts on the gearbox is what I've ever seen. I don't know what's correct because I've not run across any source that shows or details how the factory did it, but for convenience sake make sure you A) run the wire to the rear of the seat post and B) use enough wire to enable you to remove the battery from the bike with the ground wire still connected to the battery (unless you have really, really small hands that allow you to reach in there and take the wire off the negative terminal while the battery is still in the tray).

Here's a picture of the wire connected to the gear box cover, along with a second ground wire to the generator:

IMG_0976.jpeg

Attached Files
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Pisten Bulley, thanks so much for the info and pics. This is my very first post and I’m excited to get a response.

Comment

Just noticed your Forum join date, so welcome! When you get a chance it's always fun for us to see pictures of your motorcycles! ...and there were some recent posts about how to post pictures here: https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...sting-pictures
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Working...
        X