Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery bracket

This bracket was quite at home on my 1937 chief barn find
    I can’t seem to find out what it is for or if it belongs.
    Attached Files
    Justin Monti
    AMCA #43973

That looks like a side stand bracket

Comment

You might be right, looks a bit different
      Attached Files
      Justin Monti
      AMCA #43973

Comment

The 1936-1939 Indian Spare Parts list for all models says 74483 Left and 74482 Right Support Bracket and 45s-74 motors.
        Here's a photo from the catalog. I hope this is accurate because it strongly resembles the part as posted.
        -JR 36 to 39 Parts.png

Comment

Originally posted by JTR249 View Post
          The 1936-1939 Indian Spare Parts list for all models says 74483 Left and 74482 Right Support Bracket and 45s-74 motors.
          Here's a photo from the catalog. I hope this is accurate because it strongly resembles the part as posted.
          -JR 36 to 39 Parts.png
          I can’t really make your image out but those look like these support brackets I have
          Attached Files
          Justin Monti
          AMCA #43973

Comment

montij,
            I think your photo matches what I found. They look like support brackets, though I don't know exactly what that would mean because I don't own a Chief or Sport Scout.
            I could not post additional photos for you to help because I can't figure out how to enlarge them to help.
            you can right click on the image and save it to your computer and then open it in any image viewing program. You can then increase the size ratio when viewing it and see the similarity.
            -JR

Comment

montij,

Here you go. These are better photos and are from the Dale Walksler collection.

-JR Chief Front Engine Mounts.jpg Chief Front Engine Mount Brackets 2.jpg

Comment

The support bracket may have been for side car brake bellcrank,but not sure.
                Tom

Comment

The two posts of photos from JTR249 and Montij do not match the OP's photos. His photo has a U-Clamp where it would attach around a "pipe/frame" area. Also, the OP part does NOT have bosses on it whereas the other posts photos have bosses and those are the same parts. I don't know what it is, but I just see what I see in the photos.
                  Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I say sidecar related, but possibly upper middle mount.
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I completely agree, Jim! I didn't look back at the original posted photo. That photo shows a grooved area for possibly a frame tube.
                      I'm sorry I added to the confusion there.
                      -JR

Comment

Originally posted by JTR249 View Post
                        I completely agree, Jim! I didn't look back at the original posted photo. That photo shows a grooved area for possibly a frame tube.
                        I'm sorry I added to the confusion there.
                        -JR
                        I will say that small photos and poor eyesight (as we get older) have to be the reason. Also, they are the same "Shape" which can lead to misinterpretation of parts.
                        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                        X