• Show
Clear All

• Speedometer identification

Came across this speedometer looking for any information
    thanks
    Attached Files
    Justin Monti
    AMCA #43973

I'll quess 1951-53 calibrated in kilometers.
    Are those round "water spots" by the 60 and 120 or something else?
    ​​​​​​​Interesting

Comment

The spots are metal and look like the head of a small nail
      this was found in Canada where I’m located.
      Justin Monti
      AMCA #43973

Comment

Monti
        I am running a 1952-53 BCS Corbin on my 1946 it does not have the small nail head or rivets BUT the correct 1946-47 Corbin I have in a box (because I will probably change the speedometers in the winter after riding season does but at the 20mph and 100mph spot.

00I0I_8grZiCWVOcjz_07K0ak_1200x900 Speedometer David UHL.jpg

Also found these on Fleabay:

Corbin kilos.jpg

51-53 Corbin kilometers

Corbin 51-53 mph.jpg
        51-53 Corbin mph

Comment

With the red teltale needle it may have been a police speedometer? Just guessing, I have no idea. Harley speedos said 'police' on them.
          AMCA #41287
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Hatfield's refers to this red needle as a "maximum speed hand" no mention of police model or not. Good guess Joe.
            Who would know for sure is Mr. Terry Marsh. He is Corbin Guru and hopefully he may see this and educate all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post
              With the red teltale needle it may have been a police speedometer? Just guessing, I have no idea. Harley speedos said 'police' on them.
              Hatfields resto guide doesnt show police speedos but my 1934 police chief speedo 100mph,lighted with max hand does say police on the face bottom.I dont know about other years.
              Tom

Comment

I have a spiral wound book, 'The Corbin System' by Fred J. Schuster "Doc", copyright 2001. Likely, very limited publication. Amazon has no listing, other research sources also yield no results.

Aside from Hatfield's, this book mentions not only Terry Marsh as a contributor, also to name a few, Geo. Yarocki, Peter Heintz, Woody Carson, Roger Hensley, Ken Edmiston, and many others.
                171 pages, including a 9 chapter, detailed table of contents, (think Clymer's Manual), this book will help any and all Corbin owners. Does anyone else here have this really good book ?
                I think I got this book for around $20. Ive owned this book since 2001. A very good book for any Corbin Speedometer owner.

C2K

Comment

Kevin Flanagan has (or had) one of these listed on his site : http://www.indiangauge.com
                  Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Doc used to run a Corbin rebuild service and when he retired Terry took the brunt of his work and parts I believe. Doc used to make the cables and fiber gears and such too. great guy. Both from the great northwest.
                    DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks, I hadn't looked at Kevin's site in a long time. great refresher for me. So much of any type of reference material is long ago vanished. Some has been captured and retained by the AMCA Library, thats a good thing ! Getting access easily isn't. I still have trouble with signing onto the home page... my password keeps coming up as invalid.

Comment

"I still have trouble with signing onto the home page."

C2K That looks like a Great Book.

When I was having trouble logging onto the AMCA Home page I reached out to Mike Love and he put me in touch with the person who manages the home page.
                        Stupidly I lost that contact info.

Mike is probably pretty busy right now with the site changes.

On the AMCA home page there is this contact information:

"Website Technical Support

If you have a problem logging in, updating your profile, renewing your membership, or making a payment, please call ClubExpress Support.

Please Note We are unable to provide information on The Antique Motorcycle Club of America activities or policies, or to supply contact information that is not already displayed on this page.

Calling from the US or Canada: 1-866-HLP-CLUB (457-2582)
                        Calling from Australia: 03 9068 9993
                        Calling from the UK: 020 3129 9822
                        Called from any other country: +1 847-255-0210
                        Telephone support is available from 6:30 AM to 9:00 PM, Mon-Fri, US Central time. Outside these hours, please email support@clubexpress.com."

(Oddly you need to be logged on to get this information) I tried to get the above without logging on and could not . . .Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                        X