1936 Chief rear brake pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 Chief rear brake pedal

I know how most of it hooks up except for the pedal to the frame. I see the nut from the outside of the lever but what is the bolt like on the inside of the frame to hold it on?

It's the motor mount thru bolt.

Comment

Tom, would you know of a good set of links for the front end of the leaf spring?

Comment

I have none. I would suggest making use of the Jerry Greer web site for part identification , they have pics of theirs and customer bikes.Their catalogs show a fair amount of part placements.

Comment

Run, are you referring to the rocker arms as "links" ? or the link between the backing plate(arm) and the brake side of the down tubes on the brake drum side of the front end ?

Its pretty difficult to describe without the actual part numbers. Refer to the correct year model using Jerry Greer's website catalog. Be specific, as you will see the correct parts are somewhat different (also different part numbers), throughout the years Indian used the leaf spring front end. There were several changes to the leaf spring front end, widening, lenghtening, and strengthening the front ends components throughout the many years of production.

I had to do some digging, and here's what may be helpful if you don't already have this... www.Indianriders.co.uk/Leaf-Spring%20Forks.htm Greer's catalog has a breakdown of parts as year and model specific. You should be able to identify the exact parts you need from these sources. Finding the correct parts is the more difficult task. My '33 leaf spring front end took about 5-6 years to round up the correct rockers. only an example of the scarcity of the parts produced before '35-'36. Not many parts books available for Indians before the mid-thirties. Hope this helps. C2K

Comment

Ron, if it would help, I could take some pictures of my '36 Chief brake pedal setup and send to you. Let me know exactly what you want to see. Brent

Comment

Originally posted by bdawson View Post
              Ron, if it would help, I could take some pictures of my '36 Chief brake pedal setup and send to you. Let me know exactly what you want to see. Brent
              I would appreciate it! hrc_llc@yahoo.com

Comment

I have an Indian brake pedal taking up space. A picture of a correct '36 Chief brake pedal could could yield some positive results.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Ron....I sent some pics to your email address. For anyone else interested......Brent
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X