Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Chumee Seat

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of restoring a Chumee Seat for my '46 Chief. I have a couple questions:
    • Does the Chumee seat get the round stamp embossed in the seat cover like the solo seats?
    • Are the overload springs painted black, or cad plated?
    Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Jim

Jim, I don't know the answers. I had my (non)Chumee recovered by Michael Paquette and he is very knowledgable. He did not emboss the Indian logo on it. However, mine is a Harley Davidson seat as revealed by the curved ridges on the seat pan bottom, and I had him put the short Indian fringe on it and cover the handles in leather, but he didn't emboss the logo because I think he told me Indian didn't emboss their Chumees. The springs were chrome and I didn't change that. You might reach out to Michael and see what he knows!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I am going to use a Chum-Me seat on my '49 Indian Arrow. I think the seat is the same, unless you are using what some people call a Banana Seat, which is shaped differently than the Chum-Me or Bench seat made for the Indian verticals. I have seen Chief bench seats with black springs and I have seen them cad plated, as well as chromed.
      Depends on how accurate you want the set-up, I guess. Based on my research and talking to members with more experience about the vertical Chum-Me seat, I do not think they embossed the Indian head stamp on them.
      -JR

Comment

my seat recovered by Michael Paquette of Worsham Castle

BAA13DAF-035F-4FBF-B67D-ED3378725523.jpeg
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks so much fellows for the guidance. That seat is gorgeous Piston Bulley!

Comment

Working...
          X