Moving Front Brake Lever To Left Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Front Brake Lever To Left Side

I recently acquired a '47 Chief, been after one for quite a while. I have thought about moving the front brake lever to the left side and wanted to get input from the group, advantages / disadvantages. It appears to be a straight forward process, however the cable is not long enough. Does anyone make a cable, or is there a cable that can be easily adapted? Or will I need to fabricate one. Appreciate any and all help!

....guessing you have RH throttle? (because if your throttle is LH then hill starts will be a trick!)
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Yes, that would be a challenge. Right hand throttle, left hand shift...probably should have mentioned that!

Comment

There are factory photos of the shifter and brake on the same side.My preference is the brake and throttle on one side and shifter on the other,other wise, as mentioned hill start requires the reach over to engage first while holding the brake.
        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by embo121 View Post
          however the cable is not long enough. Does anyone make a cable, or is there a cable that can be easily adapted? Or will I need to fabricate one.
          Embo, you can phone Greer's and ask if their replacement cables will be long enough. I recall needing to cut both inner and outer cables to fit my RH brake (but it's been a while!)
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Flanders cables maybe able to help:

Flanders Cable Part Search (flanderscables.com)

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions, greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
              X