Baffle in fuel tank left side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffle in fuel tank left side

Wondering about the baffle in the left side gas tank: Is this common in all years? Utility? Practical?
    I am asking as I am working on an old tank in which the baffle was removed. So before trying to solder back in was wondering.
    Thanks

Paul, my '29 Scout tanks have a baffle. I wonder if you didn't have a baffle in your left tank whether the slosh would would overwhelm the cap and lots of gas would "geyser" out the pin hole vent in the cap? I know that if I fill my RH tank to the bottom of the neck that's too much and it will squirt out that vent in the cap at the first bump or stop!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Good point.
      I am running a set of reproduction tanks [Iron Horse I think] and the l don't think the left has a baffle; at least I cannot see one or reach in and touch one. I even tried 'probing' for one
      with a clean copper wire. No resistance. I figure if it came with one probably best to solder one back in place. This is not for a bike that would ever be judged though if some ones probing
      your gas tanks they are probably taking too personal interest. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
      X