new rebuild idling rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel filter.

Contact Jeff at Old Iron and get his kit. Be sure and keep some spare filters with you as you go.

Hey, even if it's not "the fix," it's a small investment for great benefits.

Dump the sediment bowl frequently, too. Especially if it's been sitting for a while.

It could also be the ignition switch. They seem to get tempermental at times, especially if they've got miles on them. There are some fixes for this, but I've not yet taken the time to really delve into the problem.

Comment

Fuel filter, I got. But the ignition switch is a possibility. Mine's original, and the lights are a bit flakey when its in the 'L' position. Is it better to refurbish or replace?

Comment

Replace your filter element first and see if that doesn't clear up the problem. I've had similar 'engine miss' experiences and a new fuel filter took care of the problem.

Filters are available at most auto parts stores. Cost is ~$1.00. You'll just need to drill the hole for the screw & spacer post.

There's a thread on rebuilding ignition switches. Personally speaking, I've never done it. New switches are $$$.

Comment

Working...
        X