Chief battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief battery

I just got home from Daytona were I took my '47 to ride. I had a jap battery in one of the fake battery shells, a setup that I've been running since the late eighties. The battery died a horrible death late friday night out by the speedway. I managed to limp it back to the hotel, of course without lights and spitting and sputtering bad. I could not find a small 6 volt battery anywhere so I bought a tall panhead one that I was going to mount in the tourpak. After pulling out the old setup and frog, I surprised to find out the panhead battery fit good under the generator. So I tyrapped it down and wired it up and it worked great. I'm going to modify the frog to hold it down. I bought the battery at Miller's for $51. out the door. I don't beleive I've seen any one use a Harley battery before but it seems to work great and most HD shops carry the battery if you need one on the road. See Harley does make something usefull !

You also could have gotten a 6v sealed battery out of the lighting dept. at Home Depot for $7 that will work fine and last for an average of 3 years!!

Comment

How many amp/hr are they? Are they jell cells? For $7 I would have bought two. I'm planning on running the HD battery untill it dies, it should last a while. Thanks.

Louie

Comment

Don't degrade your Indian like that - give me the H-D battery. You'll sleep better at night.
        Lonnie

Comment

I'm just tring to apease the Indian Gods with the Harley talk, I try and play both sides, I sleep good at night just thinking about what repairs are needed to all my bikes, Harley's and Indian's alike.

Louie

Comment

I've been using the Harley D. H2 battery for 4 years in my 38 Chief and it holds up well. But it is good to know about the Home Depot 6v if your in a pinch.

Comment

Ya, it's good to know about the options, especially when your not at home. The more I think about it, with a Harley tire on back and now a Harley battery, I'm slowly turning the Chief into a Harley!

Louie

Comment

Louie !!! Watch your mouth!!

Comment

Working...
                X