Old kicker pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old kicker pedal

I see old kicker pedals on ebay. What do people put these on? Are they building rat bikes, or going for that original look on a restore. For someone reason I have one. Just never know when I might need it, like a lot of other parts I keep that are absolutely no good. I think I have a little hoarder in me when it comes to throwing out parts. Might need it for a copy is a good excuse for keeping it. Stan

Powerful "Magic" in old parts.

Comment

It’s an upside down world we live in when “patina” adds to the price

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbalowe View Post
        It’s an upside down world we live in when “patina” adds to the price
        It's gotta be "authentic" patina, Bubbalowe!

It can take decades to apply correctly.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
          It's gotta be "authentic" patina, Bubbalowe!

It can take decades to apply correctly.
          I dunno Cotten....for the kicker pedal example, I’ve seen one on Ebay where it looks like all one would need to do is to roast it over an open fire (along with your marshmellows) and you’d achieve a kicker pedal looking like the melted fudgsicle that I keep seeing there!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/indian-chie...wAAOSwirFa~E~J
          Last edited by pisten-bully; 12-02-2019, 06:14 PM.
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Its no mystery why it hasn't sold, Harry!

The mystery is why anyone would go to the trouble to list it with a reserve.

(I gotta learn to sell on ebay, and soon.)

....Cotten
            PS: I've got milk crates of 'patina' loaded to put out in the alley for the scrappers;
            The trade wars' been hard on them.
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

This seller must be doing something right 1088 sales AND "100% Positive feedback". Making a lot of people happy!

Comment

If this is the one you're talking about I really got a laugh out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
                  This seller must be doing something right 1088 sales AND "100% Positive feedback". Making a lot of people happy!
                  Do I understand ebay right, that any negative feedback bites me back?

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                    Do I understand ebay right, that any negative feedback bites me back?

....Cotten
                    Yes;
                    Some years ago my Mom was 'staying with us' in her last years before dying with dementia. My wife stayed at home to care for her. [YES I AM BLESSED] and my wife would 'work from home' marketing a few things on Ebay. Positive feedback from customers was very important and reflected in sellers rating. Like I said this was over a decade ago but I believe it is the same now.

Comment

I was asking about buyers' ratings, Paul!

Mine took a hit when I noted a discrepancy.

Hate to jump back into that tarpit...

...Cotten
                      AMCA #776

Comment

Sorry misunderstood no knowledge about buyer ratings.

Comment

It's funny that this guy is wearing plastic gloves so that no skin oils transfer to the delicate rubber.

Comment

Not all of this seller's feedback is from sales. Check his feedback and quite a few of his positive numbers are from purchases. The only reason that I bought a computer in 2001 was to buy and sell on Ebay. I got tired of vending at swap meets. Swap meets used to be good, but toward the end, I would get pi---d at the Harley shirt/chain drive wallet punks that would pick up one my antique parts and laugh as they asked "What is this?" and drop it. For at least the the last 10 years, a buyer can leave positive, neutral, or negative feedback. Sellers can ONLY leave positive feedback. So if anyone wants to be a jerk, they can give you negative feedback for no good reason. This happened to me a few years back. A buyer of a used Sportster part emailed me that I was charging him double the amount for shipping. I told him that I was charging actual shipping price and if he wanted, I would refund all his money. He gave me a negative feedback and there was nothing that I could do about it.
                            Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Oldchief View Post
                              It's funny that this guy is wearing plastic gloves so that no skin oils transfer to the delicate rubber.
                              That's so nobody can scan his fingerprints, OldChief!

They can be 3-D printed.

....Cotten
                              Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-07-2019, 05:04 PM.
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X