Chief lead acid battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief lead acid battery

What is the largest lead acid battery that will fit in Starklite fake battery shell?
    Thanks
    Tom

Tom, I put a Yuasa 12ah in there, but I had to cut the bottom of the battery shell out and the battery rests on a rubber mat, you cannot see the false bottom. It's a Yuasa YB12AL-A (because I'm running 12V), measures 5 5/16 x 3 3/16 x 6 5/16h. Why would I ruin a perfectly good battery shell you ask? Because I lost the cover on big bump once, and I couldn't find just a replacement cover for sale and had to purchase a whole new shell set up, so I wound up with two boxes and one cover.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks Harry ,I should have said 6v.
      I ordered a yuasa 6n12a-2d.12 ah.
      The old Stark was parts unlimited 6n11-2d 11ah.His site says its largest that will fit in his fake box but the 12ah looks like it will fit.
      Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Who needs a dead DIXIE to gut, Folks?

Cheap.

....Cotten
        PS: New ones in inventory...
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
          Tom, I don't think that'll fit! The Yuasa book shows it to measure 6 1/8 L x 2 1/4 W x 4 9/16 H and the shell is not long enough for the 6 1/8.

The 12V I put in my shell is 5 5/16 Long and it's wall to wall (the vent tube fitting on top makes it wall to wall). My fit problem was height, the Length and Width fit in there snugly, the height was just a bit too tall so that's why I cut out the bottom!

Didn't mean to confuse the issue!

Comment

The Yuasa book, 6V page:

Comment

Thanks,I was using the same chart.The faux box is about 6 1/4 so hopefully it fits.
              Tom

Comment

Curious what a new Dixie is. I have a couple India repro batteries on the shelf but not going to fill one this time of year plus they make a mess.
                Tom

Comment

I believe DIXIEs are the same Eversure Auto Agency productions, Tom....

Old Delhi.
                  (Tinku, MADBULL, etc.)

Just don't over-fill them!

....Cotten
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-02-2019, 02:28 PM.
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I've used a 6 volt battery that fits a BMW in my gutted shell, pretty sure it'll fit the Starklite shell.

Comment

Thanks.If you know the numbers or what year and model BMW I will look it up.
                      Tom

Comment

I have a pair of the Lithium batteries in a Stark shell for over 10 years now. Granted, I needed the electronic regulator, which was a lot cheaper then. But no more acid or checking liquid level or white alien life on my terminals. I'd never go back to lead acid.

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
                          Thanks Harry ,I should have said 6v.
                          The old Stark was parts unlimited 6n11-2d 11ah.His site says its largest that will fit in his fake box but the 12ah looks like it will fit.
                          Thanks
                          Tom
                          Tom, How did you make out with the Yuasa 6n12a-2d.12 ah that you said you ordered? Did it fit the "shell"? OR did you have to get a different size battery?
                          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I have found that the B38-6A fits perfectly in the Indian Battery Boxes without any modification. 6V 13AH
                            Get the Yuasa one with the large fill plugs made in Taiwan rather than the one with the small filler holes.

Comment

Originally posted by someozybloke View Post
                              I have found that the B38-6A fits perfectly in the Indian Battery Boxes without any modification. 6V 13AH
                              Get the Yuasa one with the large fill plugs made in Taiwan rather than the one with the small filler holes.
                              I have one of the B38-6A batteries that I pulled out of my Harley VL but when I put it into my Indian case, that made it too high. When I screwed the hold down stud all the way UP to get the most room, I still couldn't get the clamp onto the top of the battery. OF course, I could maybe shorten the hold down stud to give me more room to slide the clamp between the stud and battery box... maybe that would work? I don't know whose "brand" of Indian Battery box I have.
                              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                              X