48 chief speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 chief speedo

G,day can someone tell me if anyone is making the drive gear on a 48 chief , mine is missing not sure what it looks like , it is in the speedo drive unit at the end of the cable which attaches to the this drive , I had a look on Jerry Greers site but only shows a complete unit ? the inner cable must lock into it which inturn must have a bevelled gear to turn its other half , not sure if I explain this very well Rob

Rob, I think I get what you're saying, you have the L-shaped drive housing but you're missing the top bevel gear that the cable connects to? You could try Terry Marsh or J. Napierala since you're only looking for parts...they might have that? Good luck!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Greer list the ring and pinion gears for both 16 and 18" wheels,and a nice exploded diagram.
      If you look close at your housing you probably have a groove where the ring gear face contacts the housing.This surface should be flat.The groove from wear will allow the ring gear to mesh to tight with the pinion and it will wipe out your new ring pretty quick.If your handy you can machine this surface flat and shim to get the proper pinion/ring engagement,backlash.
      Tom

Comment

piston-bully you got it right , that's what I am looking for cheers mate , I will see if I can contact them
        tfburke3 I think you are talking about the whole speedo drive , good point about flat surface for the ring gear cheers

Comment

Working...
        X