Looking for Info and Selling Chief Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Info and Selling Chief Frames

I have 2 Chief frames, see attached pictures. I believe they date back to 1964 based on the serial numbers but I am not sure. I am looking to find out if that is in fact the year, what they might be worth and if someone is interested I would like to sell them.

The serial numbers are 3477063 and 3477184. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

based on vin and appearance 1947.3 for chief,47 for year then the individual serial number.
    Value I guess would be 15-2500
    Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom, maybe some value added on the first one with rear shocks, foot boards, seat pan, brake pedal and rods, and more.

What’s really interesting is that the blue one (not the best photo to look at this detail) may have the curved upper frame brace just behind the seat post...could just be the photo is not clear...but those are pretty late 1947 numbers.
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks, these along with several bikes about 10 of them Indians, came out of my dad's barn. He also has some new parts as well I would guess from the 40's, as well as used full skirted fenders. Will be going through parts in the months to come and getting rid of the parts that we are not going to need.

Comment

Thanks, these along with several bikes about 10 of them Indians, came out of my dad's barn. He also has some new parts as well I would guess from the 40's, as well as used full skirted fenders. Will be going through parts in the months to come and getting rid of the parts that we are not going to need.

Comment

Early 1948 frames used straight tube behind seat post, not sure when serial number break was for change to curved bar stock. The blue frame does not have hole for speedo cable or tab for gen light so looks like optical illusion for a curved bar.

Comment

I wouldn't sell any of it until you sort through it all and determine if any of it originally went together.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                I wouldn't sell any of it until you sort through it all and determine if any of it originally went together.
                Robbie gives very good advice. Look at your motor numbers, and see it those frame numbers correspond. You should do some comprehensive research before you get screwed by a shyster.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Brack,
                  Very good advice from Robbie and Eric. Strongly recommend you gather and sort EVERYTHING first and get a very good, complete inventory. If you want or need to sell anything at that point, at least you will have a much better idea of what goes with what and can sell projects that are more correct and more complete. It's likely many of the piles of parts came to your dad's possession as more complete bikes. I bought an estate of two large pickup loads several years ago and there were two essentially complete Indians in the loose pile once I did some assembly and sorting. I'll send you a pm as well for my contact info.
                  Mike Carver
                  AMCA #3349

Comment

Brack, PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                    X