Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Chief wiring harness needed!

Gentlemen,
    I am looking for a wiring harness for 1946 Chief with a 1947 sidecar! I would appreciate any help locating a supplier or vendor!🇺🇸

Try Jerry Greer: https://www.jerrygreersengineering.c...y=1946&m=Chief

They have a section for side car parts but I did not see any specific wiring for the tail/brake light. The side car might have a similar wiring like the rear fender on the bike itself.

Maybe some one else will chime in with thoughts...
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

He sells the cloth wire and loom by the foot along with the terminal ends. You could easily make up the harness for the sidecar.

Comment

A good supplier for bulk cloth wire and connectors is http://www.riwire.com

I know the wiring on harley sidecars, but not indian. Although, I am sure they are simular except maybe for the bike to car plug.
        As for the bike, I am sure any of the dealers can supply that.

Comment

Gentlemen,
          Thank you for all your information!
          I actually found a local vendor in Mentor Ohio, Vintage Motorcycle Supply.����

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcycle Mike View Post
            Gentlemen,
            Thank you for all your information!
            I actually found a local vendor in Mentor Ohio, Vintage Motorcycle Supply.����
            Which one is that, CMS? I live in Ohio.
            Last edited by ryan; 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
              A good supplier for bulk cloth wire and connectors is http://www.riwire.com

I know the wiring on harley sidecars, but not indian. Although, I am sure they are simular except maybe for the bike to car plug.
              As for the bike, I am sure any of the dealers can supply that.
              Good place to get correct color wire with correct tracer color and they will loom it also.

Comment

IMG_20190316_155500.jpg Just returned home with my new American Made wiring harness!
                Attached Files

Comment

That's great Mike, glad you were able to get it so quickly. Do you even have any wiring in your handlebars? I always like that type of work. I have to finish wiring my 69 FLH with sidecar.

Comment

Thanks, I was amazed that I found it locally and made here! The only wiring in the bars is for high/low beam and the horn. I am removing the sidecar harness and taking it to him for duplication. Good luck on your project! ����

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcycle Mike View Post
                      Thanks, I was amazed that I found it locally and made here! The only wiring in the bars is for high/low beam and the horn. I am removing the sidecar harness and taking it to him for duplication. Good luck on your project! ����
                      Is he doing it pro bono to pay for your pattern? Just a thought for both of you to get what you want out of the deal.
                      Good luck with yours and thank you!

Comment

Note: Indian's color in wiring diagrams was for tracer color and not color of wire. Also different years used different tracer patterns.

Comment

On wow, that is good to know. Did your new harness have the correct number of tracers on the wires? My 69 harley harness did not.

Comment

Working...
                          X