Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1943 Iindian Chief

I recently bought a 1943 Chief frame.

In the past I have hardly ever seen any 1943 Chief specific parts and no complete bikes. The only parts I saw a few times were Linkert M343 carburetors.

Does anybody have information on 343 Chiefs and/or engines with CDC numbers?

I asume they were mostly still build like the 1940-42 models, with round base cylinders and the same type of brakes, not the 344-345 style and had military/essential use fenders?

It would be great if some of you could provide information on the 343 models!

For now I have a CDD engine with late (1946-53) style cylinders for the bike. If a CDC engine is around and for sale somewhere I would be interested.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    gsottl
    Last edited by gsottl; 05-03-2018, 03:06 PM.

Probably 15 or 20 years ago or maybe more Ghost Motorcycle showed up at Indian Day in Springfield with a box truck filled with parts. They had a 43 motor and it was the only one I have ever seen. I know that someone last minute talked them into not selling anything from that load that day and they closed the doors of the box truck. I had a 42 Skirted Civilian Chief way back and I think I was told less than 300 were made in 42. I wonder how few 43's Chiefs were made. Good seeing you last week, John P/46EL
    Last edited by 46EL; 05-03-2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
      Probably 15 or 20 years ago or maybe more Ghost Motorcycle showed up at Indian Day in Springfield with a box truck filled with parts. They had a 43 motor and it was the only one I have ever seen. I know that someone last minute talked them into not selling anything from that load that day and they closed the doors of the box truck.
      A little detective work to do, here's a possuble clue:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/what-ever-happened-to-ghost-motorcycles.1014394/
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thank you for your replies John & Harry.....would be interesting to drive by in Long Island and see if the shop still exists.....John, it was good to see you in CT last week....unfortunately I am already back in Europe. Once more had a very good time in the US and think I could show my friend Tom a few places that you normally do not get to see on your first visit to the US!

Comment

His daughter is a friend of mine. I'll try to ask her about the current state of things in Port Washington.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi Guys

I have sitting in my shed 1942 Engine cases CDB319 which is possibly one of the last engines made in 1942. Have a read of this article.

http://www.caimag.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=CDB319

Mike

Comment

My 1944 EU … 1 of last 6 Nebraska Safety Patrol … AMCA Senior, I sold in 2016 … L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZWO...u26Tw&index=35

Comment

Working...
              X